Jan 18, 2022
Christopher Bradshaw is the Founder and Executive Director of Dreaming Out Loud Inc., a food justice social enterprise that seeks to create economic opportunities for the D.C. metro region’s marginalized communities through building a healthy, equitable food system. Bradshaw was named an Ashoka-American Express Emerging Innovator in 2015, one of Food Trust’s 20 Leaders Under 40, and the longest-serving member of the DC Food Policy Council where he co-chairs the Urban Agriculture working group. Under his leadership, Dreaming Out Loud has grown to a $600,000 social enterprise with six full-time staff members, and four seasonal farm and food hub assistants. Tune in to learn more about:
- Dreaming Out Loud Inc., their mission and projects;
- How the idea of founding this organization came to life;
- The unequal access for Black communities to food that is shaped by policies in the D.C. area;
- About drive through and mobile farmers markets;
- The involvement of students in the farming process;
- About the DREAM Program, a 16-week incubator program for low-resourced food entrepreneurs residing in Washington, D.C.;
- Their work on advocacy and public policies;
- The spike in Community Supported Agriculture shares during the pandemic.
To learn more about Chris Bradshaw and Dreaming Out Loud Inc., go to https://dreamingoutloud.org.